100 things about me
- I am legally blind.
- I curse like a sailor (cliche' - I've never actually met a sailor)
- I thought I was going to be a really tall girl as I've had size 8.5 feet from the age of 10
- My school required me to see a psychiatrist prior to admitting me to the 2nd grade due to "problems with authority figures"
- I drink at least 3 cups of coffee a day
- I could finish a medium sized bottle of peanut butter in one sitting if I didn't control myself
- I actually have a copy of the film "Cannibal Holocaust"
- I have always wanted to be a lawyer (but)
- I ended up an architect due to a random decision to switch courses 2 days before freshman registration, because I thought there would be more boys in Arki
- I am a voracious reader who even reads labels when I am in the john.
- I haven't stopped biting my nails since childhood although I've stopped biting my toenails :S
- I used to drive like a maniac but age has mellowed me.
- I am the oldest child and have 2 sisters and 1 brother.
- Although I constantly argue with my mom and dad, I really really love them.
- When we were a lot younger, I taught my brother (who is 10 years younger than me) to bow and kiss my hand when he saw me.
- When I get older I hope to have a really large farm where I can keep unwanted animals.
- I (our family) have 5 dogs- Kinky, Ginger, Scrapita, Spider, and Punky; and 3 cats - Kito, Sushi and Maki.
- I (we) have 11 indoor office cats - Debil and Junior; and 3 outdoor cats - Othercat, Ugly, and Cutie. (eta We now have 11! Office cats - Othercat gave birth to 5 kittens : Axl Rosie, Axzel Dave, Robin, Royette and Celes, plus we picked up a kitty named It)
- 5 of my favorite films are - My Own Private Idaho, All the Real Girls, Six Ways to Sunday,True Romance, and Boogie Nights.
- 5 of my favorite books are - American Psycho (Bret Easton Ellis), The Secret History (Donna Tartt), The Lovely Bones (Alice Siebold), Love in the Time of Cholera (Gabriel Garcia Marquez), and A Dog's Life (Peter Mayle).
- I have had the same group of girlfriends since elementary school.
- I worked in Shanghai for 2 months and hated it because the office atmosphere sucked (but) now that I'm back I regret not investigating Shanghai more, and not appreciating the lovely architecture and weather.
- I would love to travel someday, and get to see Greece, the South of France, South America, Morocco, Eastern Europe, and Russia.
- I love walking barefoot and I believe my soles have thickened so much that (a) I am actually about 1/2 inch taller than I should be, and (b) I can walk barefoot on scorching hot sand while my friends hop frantically to the water.
- I can't carry a tune to save my life.
- I have never really learned to ride a bike.
- I have a deathly fear of heights and ghosts.
- I've got a tattoo of a fairy on my right shoulder and it is the size of my foot.
- I am left handed and can write upside down.
- I've got a terrible temper and can say really nasty things and be really mean and hurtfool when I'm pissed. (I try not to.) Plus I keep grudges forever.
- I'm trying to control my temper.
- I've actually had a gun poked at me during a traffic altercation.
- I am a rabid sweet-tooth. And have eaten sugar.
- I don't have regular mealtimes, and don't really care about what I eat.
- I hate my thick, muscular legs because I feel they make me look stumpy.
- I always feel that I am taller than 5'3" and sometimes get surprised when I pass a mirror and see how short I really am.
- I'm a mesomorph with broad shoulders and hips.
- I've always wanted to look dainty (for a while at least, just to see how it would feel)
- I keep my hair short because when it gets long it suddenly transforms into a broom.
- I'm picky about maintaining my eyebrows.
- I can't stand having the same cologne as other people.
- Nothing turns me off a purchase more than the sales attendant saying "Ma'am, buy this na. It's really uso / popular, everyone (or insert name of popular actress here) buys it".
- I don't own much makeup but spend a ton of money on what I buy.
- I'm a bit of a grammar snob.
- I'm not a very demonstrative person but I would stick up for my family and friends any time.
- I can remember conversations from years and years ago (entire dialogue) but can't remember street directions.
- I find Geoffrey Rush and Mark Wahlberg really attractive.
- I have always dreamed of looking good in a bikini.
- I am a very good project manager (because)
- I am able to analyse issues and cut down to the essentials.
- I don't like having business dealings with family.
- I usually write with red ink.
- I had my first boyfriend at 18, and am getting married to him next year :) (I'll be 31 then)
- I would like to learn the tarot.
- I got my period when I was 9 and it freaked me out.
- I got caught cheating in 4th year high school (our Music final exam :P).
- I feel very confident with my intelligence, I have never needed anyone to tell me I was smart.
- I got the shock of my life when I entered college and realized I would actually need to study to pass.
- It took 5 times each for me to pass Physics 71, Physics 72, Math 53 and Math 54.
- I love buying VCDs and DVDs of old and hard-to-find films.
- I secretly take pleasure in reading NYPost and E! Online.
- I hate the fact that the Philippines does not implement an effective population control program because of the influence of the Catholic Church, while a large percentage of children don't get the care and education they deserve.
- I hate irresponsbile parenthood, it's a responsibility and not just a privelege.
- I am not sure if I want to have kids.
- I sniff everything (on the sly if I have to).
- I really really really love Joel.
- He is the only person I let boss me around (occassionally).
- I had a nose job when I was 20 (it didnt make much of a difference hahah!).
- I love Diesel Fanker jeans and have been buying them for the last 13 years.
- I would love to have a Patek Philippe 24 watch someday.
- I get really worried about the state of healthcare in our country and constantly worry about what would happen if one of us gets sick or hospitalized.
- I don't like ironing clothes, and leftover food bits on the plates I have to wash make me gag.
- I HATE cockroaches.
- I believe that if you cheat on a person, you should keep it to yourself, deal with the guilt, and suffer the consequences (if you get caught that is).
- I was obsessed with reading about Mayas and Aztecs when I was younger.
- I am intrigued by criminals and serial killers.
- I've always wanted to disappear for a few months and hide out somewhere (most likely a beach), no phone calls, no responsibilities, no problems to solve.
- I want to learn to do Adobe Photoshop, Pagemaker, and HTML and make webpages, but worry that I dont have the "art" in me.
- I've always wanted to write a newspaper or magazine column (it would tackle various subjects, I guess this is why I find blogging so appealing)
- I collect recipes and pictures of food, but never cook them - only read the recipes and gaze at the photos when I am hungry.
- I get scared of being too attached to people because I don't want to get hurt when they are gone.
- I love pointy shoes, although they kill my feet.
- I don't enjoy going to the gym, but I try my best to go regularly.
- I love the anime series Kare Kano (I can relate with the main character), Great Teacher Onizuka, and Ebichu the Housekeeping Hamster.
- I download and collect comic books, particularly Heavy Metal, and Japanese comedy-porn (they are surprisingly funny)
- I easily cry at movies.
- I have cancelled my credit card in the hope of controlling my spending.
- I will ask Joel to manage the money once we are married as I am the sort who would eat crappy food for weeks in order to buy a pretty bag.
- I am attached to the guy who cuts my hair and get anxious when he's not here to do my cut.
- I keep my old love-letters but don't read them because they make me teary-eyed and sentimental.
- I always need to know the reason behind things (constantly asking "Why?")
- I get very upset when I see animals that are not taken care of.
- I hate it when people have a false sense of entitlement.
- I love my work.
- I'm giving it up and moving abroad to be with Joel after we're married.
- He is worth it.
- I'll pick up from there.
- I am quite hard on myself, and others. I give no quarter, and ask for none.
- I hope to learn to show the people I care about how much I care about them.
- I hope Joel and I end up a happy old couple in a house with a garden, books (for me), a computer (for him mostly), and a lot of pets.
1 Comments:
I grew up as the punching dummy and spat-upon lackey of my three, older and sadistic brothers. Every day was a lesson in violence and cruelty that ended only when we became adults and moved apart. I resented them and regretted every moment I lived with them.
I point that out only as context for this. I would have gladly lived under the Reign of Three if they would've displayed every now and then flashes of creativity in their rule, like having me bow and kiss their hands whenever we passed.
They could've boxed my ears afterwards--their usual greeting. The ritual bow and kiss wouldn't have precluded that. But it would have added something to the script for me. It would've shown they put a little thought in their actions towards me.
When all is said and done, it really is about the little things, isn't it?
Post a Comment
<< Home